The genetic results are in and…
I have no idea what to make of it. At least not yet.
I received an email on Monday night telling me that my online health record had been updated. My immediate response was intense panic. What if the test hadn’t shown anything? What if it had? I signed on and looked at the results and they said….
….Nothing. They didn’t actually post my results.
Now, this all happened while I was traveling back home from visiting family. So I got these results late at night in my hotel room and the next day I was going to catch a bus at the airport to take me back home.
So while waiting for the bus at the airport the next day, I called the pathology lab to get a copy of my original report. The woman did not want to give me my results and could not be swayed despite the fact that my online record said to specifically call the lab to get a copy of the original report. She said I had to contact my genetic counselor.
I finally got my genetic counselor on the line an hour or two later while I was on the bus. The genetic counselor didn’t want to give me my results either (Hint.. by now I know that if they don’t want to give you the results it means that there’s probably something they’re not ready to tell you yet). She did admit that it showed something though and I did finally manage to coerce her into telling me which gene was affected. She also told me that she had planned on specifically bringing up my case in a meeting the next day and that my geneticist would let me know what all is going on next week.
I’m so close to finally having an answer…